Since 1975

Toll Free: 877-745-8341, (717) 843-7801

& State and Federal Trial Practice.
Law Office Of Daniel M.Pell
Se habla español | Tagalog | Filipino
Говорим по русски

J Visas Exchange Visitors, Trainees

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa General Information:

The United States government issues J-1 Visas to individuals who take part in a wide range of exchange visitor programs sponsored by schools, businesses, and a variety of organizations and institutions. These programs are envisioned for business and industrial trainees, scholars, students, international visitors, teachers, research assistants, and those on cultural missions. In addition, there are several exchange visitor programs for young people, including summer employment programs, internship programs for university students and au-pair programs.

J-1 Exchange Visitor Eligibility Requirements:

Individuals meet the criteria for a J1 Exchange Visitor Visa if they are coming to the United States as a student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, medical graduate, or international visitor who are participating in a program of studies, training, research, or a cultural enrichment program that is specifically designed for such individuals by the United States Department of State, through its Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide is an informative and comprehensive guide to the J-1 Visa and contains everything an individual needs to know in order to successfully apply for this visa.

Activities covered by the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa programs include:

    * Au-pair and nanny

    * Summer camp counselors and staff

    * Post-graduate students

    * Government visitors

    * Medical students coming to the United States as residents or interns

    * Foreign scholars sponsored by universities as temporary faculty

    * Business and Industrial trainees

    * Activities that are part of an exchange program approved by the U.S. Department of State



detentiondeportation defencebonds_release_on_paroleasylumin US on Visa K1cr1 or ir1 marritage visasmy bill

Law Office:
Attorney Daniel M.Pell

2550 Kingston Road
Suite 305 York, PA 17402

Toll free: (877) 745-8341
Local: (717) 843-7801

Fax: (717) 852-8900
e-mail: info@pellaw.com


Secured by PayPal