Since 1975

Toll Free: 877-745-8341, (717) 843-7801
& State and Federal Trial Practice.
Law Office Of Daniel M.Pell
Se habla español | Tagalog | Filipino
Говорим по русски










Daniel M.Pell:
Frequently Asked Questions

5. Why do I need help in getting a green card or work authorization for myself or family members?

Once again, you are certainly entitled to represent yourself in any immigration matter, including applying for a family or work based visa. However, you should know that although many of the forms used by the government look simple, they are anything but that. In fact, many of the forms are connected to complicated statutory(black letter law) forms and regulations, which the directions do not always adequately explain. Attorneys who are experienced in immigration law, have checklists of procedures which they follow and for documents which are needed.
No one can or should try to guarantee you a result in immigration proceedings, but by filing through an experienced attorney, you can maximize the chances of success and minimize the chances of failure. In many cases, the attorney can screen you to determine WHICH visa is likely to be obtained by you, and WHICH visas are not obtainable.

6. When can I bring my relatives to the United States?

This question is very general, and an attorney needs specific facts to determine your case specific issues. However, we can say generally that a United States Citizen can bring his or her spouse, minor unmarried child under the age of 21, or parents(if the citizen is over 21) as immediate relatives of the US Citizen(USC).

Green card holders (lawful permanent residents, LPR’s) can only bring their close relatives to the United States when the visa category they are applying under becomes current. Sometimes that takes many years. Each country is different for different visa categories.

Sometimes, however, green card holders/LPR’s can bring their close relatives with them as they come to the United States. This is described by the law as someone who is ‘accompanying’ or ‘following to join’ their parent or spouse. Thus, a woman who gets a green card at a US Embassy or Consulate abroad can bring her.

Minor daughter or son with her or the daughter or son can ‘follow to join’ her usually within one(1) year of the woman obtaining her permanent resident status at a US Embassy or Consulate.

7. If I lose my case can I appeal?

In most cases you do have the right to appeal, which is strictly limited to specified time periods, and in which you are limited to the information(evidence) you can present on appeal. Appeals are extremely complex in any area of law, but this is especially true in the area of immigration law. As in other areas of immigration applications and proceedings, you have the absolute right to represent yourself.

8. Why should I use your services?

The use of a professionally trained and experienced attorney in immigration proceedings , visa applications, or consular processing at U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world is important to increase the chances of your success
in obtaining favorable results in your or your relative’s case. This law firm’s staff will individually prepare you for your interview, court case, or other immigration proceeding. Our initial consultation fees are deducted from your overall fees if you decide to engage our firm.

page 1 page 2


detentiondeportation defencebonds_release_on_paroleasylumin US on Visa K1cr1 or ir1 marritage visas

Secured by PayPal

Law Office:
Attorney Daniel M.Pell

2550 Kingston Road
Suite 305 York, PA 17402

Toll free: (877) 745-8341
Local: (717) 843-7801

Fax: (717) 852-8900
e-mail: info@pellaw.com

member american immigration lawyers association 2016



2550 Kingston Road, Suite 305, York, PA 17402 Office: (877) 745-8341 | Fax: (717) 852-8900
Copyright ©2008, Law Office of Daniel M.Pell. All Right Reserved.
Web Design by www.dentalartspress.com