Since 1975

Offices New York &Pennsylvania
Toll Free: 877-745-8341
& State and Federal Trial Practice.
Law Office Of Daniel M.Pell
Se habla español
mygayvisa.comGAY VISA


How does my fiancee apply for work authorization and lawful permanent resident (green card) status?

Once my fiancée is present in the United States and we marry within 90 days of her/his arrival in the United States, how does s/he apply for work authorization and lawful permanent resident (green card) status?

After your foreign fiancée arrives in the United States, s/he has only ninety(90) days to marry you (the fiancée named in the VISA which has been physically placed into her/his passport.) If the marriage is consummated within 90 days, in a STATE WHICH RECOGNIZES SAME SEX MARRIAGE, the foreign fiancée may file for lawful permanent residence on form I-485, new biographic statement forms, usually a new medical report by a US Civil Surgeon on vaccinations, the evidence previously presented to the US Government to gain approval of the K-1 fiancee visa, a new affidavit of support on appropriate form, and the CURRENT FILING FEE of $1070.00.

At this time, additional forms may be filed without additional fees (if they are filed after there are SIGNIFICANT additional fees) for work authorization, and for Advance Parole. Advance Parole is sought by an applicant for lawful permanent residence (a green card) when s/he wishes to travel prior to grant of lawful permanent residence.

Adequate reasons for travel must be given, such as a sick relative, or a business necessity. Grant of Advance Parole does NOT guarantee the applicant for lawful residence re-admission to the United States, and EXTREME CARE must be paid to the background of the applicant for lawful residence to MAKE CERTAIN that person will not be excluded from the United States by Customs Border & Protection Officers at a U.S. Port of Entry (usually an airport such as LAX, JFK, Washington-Dulles or similar international airport), DETAINED, and put into REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS.

The application process and grant takes anywhere from 5-12 months.

Usually USCIS will require an interview prior to grant of the “green card”.


What are your immigration options?

Please call (877) 745-8341 to schedule an appointment with Attorney Daniel Pell for FREE CONSULTATION.













What is DOMA and What Does the Supreme Court Ruling Mean to
Same-Sex Couples?

Now That the US Supreme Court Has Ruled the Defense of Marriage Act Unconstitutional, Can I Sponsor My Same-Sex Partner To Bring Him or
Her to the US?

Can My Same-Sex Partner From
Another Country Be My Fiancee, and
if so, Can I Bring Him or Her to the US?

What Are the Requirements for a
Fiancee K-1 Visa?

How Much Does It Cost To File A K-1 Fiancee Visa, and How Long Does It Take To Obtain One?

How does my fiancee apply for work authorization and lawful permanent resident (green card) status?

Same-Sex Immigration and Children
of a Fiancee or Spouse

Can My Lawfully Permanent Resident Spouse Gain US Citizenship Through
His or Her Marriage to Me?

Are the Procedures for Fiancees,
Lawful Permanent Residents, Their Children, And Procedures For
Obtaining US Citizenship the Same
As or Different From Those For Heterosexual Couples?

Pennsylvania Law
Daniel M.Pell

2550 Kingston Road
Suite 305 York, PA 17402

(877) 745-8341
(717) 843-7801
(717) 487-3085
(717) 852-8900






Daniel Pell is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2013