Daniel M.Pell: Immigration & State and Federal Trial Practice.

F Student Visas (F1/F2)

F-1 Student Visa General Information:

The United States welcomes foreign students to American language schools, high schools, universities and other institutions of higher education. Thousands of learning institutions are approved by the USCIS to accept foreign students as full time students. It is possible to change schools and universities while being on an F-1 Visa without leaving the country.

F-1 Student Visa Eligibility Requirements:

An applicant for a US student visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government. The foreign citizen must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States and be a full time student. It is not possible to be a part-time student on an F-1 Visa. The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in school. The F-1 student visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s home country. The The F-1 Student Visa Application Guide is comprehensive, detailed, and easy to understand. It contains everything one needs in order to successfully apply for a F-1 Student visa.

Traveling on F-1 Student Visa:

* Foreign students may enter the United States multiple times if they hold a valid F-1 Student Visa.
* It is important that the F-1 Student Visa holders have all the necessary documents and signed authorizations to avoid any problems at the U.S. port of entry.
* The passport must also be valid for a certain amount of time in order to be granted entry.
* F-1 Visa holders can also travel freely within the within the United States.

Working on F-1 Student Visa:

* Students may work on campus as long as they are enrolled in school.
* Students may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to gain work experience in their field of study while being a full time student.
* Students may take advantage of Optional Practical Training (OPT) once the degree is completed as a full time employee.
* Many students obtaining a bachelor or master's degree in the United States go on to be sponsored by their employer for an H-1B Work Visa.

  • State and Federal Trial Practice
    Criminal Convictions

    2550 Kingston Rd #305
    East York, PA 17402
  • (717) 843-7801
  • pennsylvania CASES
  • Pay My bill
  • Visas, Naturalization, Green Card
    Practice limited to Immigration Law

    3019 Brighton 1st street
    Brooklyn, NY, 11235
  • (718) 701-8333
  • Pay My bill